Relationships are tricky, especially for overthinkers. We often think our partners need to change in order for us to have a happier, more fulfilling relationship. However, my guest this week, my friend and colleague Maggie Reyes, has a different perspective to share on how you can create a 5-star marriage by working on yourself as an individual, cleaning up your side of the street.
Maggie Reyes is a Master Certified Life Coach and modern marriage mentor. She specializes in helping driven, ambitious people create their best marriages without waiting for their partners to change, or undertaking more work in their lives. In her work, Maggie uses principles from positive psychology, cognitive science, and simple coaching tools you can learn and apply instantly.
Tune in this week to discover how to coach yourself on a two-person relationship and upgrade from a 1-star motel marriage to a 5-star luxury marriage. Maggie is giving her expert advice around how to deal with those situations where it feels like you’re the one doing all the hard work, and all of her tips for cultivating an environment of marital bliss.
If you want to learn more tips for managing your stress and your overthinking brain, I highly recommend signing up for my weekly newsletter here!
What You Will Discover:
- How Maggie works with her clients as individuals to fix their marriages.
- Why Maggie’s coaching isn’t about doing all the work yourself, but it’s about going first in this process.
- The difference between a 1-star motel marriage and a 5-star luxury marriage.
- Maggie’s advice for people who are putting effort into improving their marriage but feel like their partner isn’t reciprocating.
- The power of curiosity and expressing gratitude on a daily basis in your marriage.
- How to discover whether or not you’re actually married to a jerk, or your partner is just a good person who is stressed and struggling.
- A cautionary tale around the five love languages.
- Maggie’s expert advice if you currently feel like you’re struggling and disempowered in your relationship.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Follow me on Instagram
- If you would like to learn more about working with me as your coach, click here.
- Enjoy the original episodes of my previous podcast: Joy Hunting
- Maggie Reyes: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Podcast
- Questions for Couples Journal by Maggie Reyes
- The Gottman Institute
- The World – Luxury Residences at Sea
- Ep #64: 5 Ways to Practice Self-Love with Female Empowerment Coach Lori Lander