Do you give yourself permission to have fun? So many people feel a level of shame attached to taking time off and enjoying themselves. Whether it’s a day, a week, or a month, it’s a badge of honor to hit the ground running and get momentum as soon as you’re back in the office. Instead of having real vacations, this mindset leads to a location change, getting out of the office physically, but still being there mentally.
This is all too common, and what’s worse is this mindset stops people from allowing themselves to have any fun at all, whether that’s at work, after work, or on the weekends. This leads to real difficulty switching off and leaves us swimming in worry. So, this week, I’m inviting you to give yourself permission to be present and have fun.
Tune in this week to give yourself the gift of fun, presence, and real rest. I’m showing you how to spot the thoughts that are stopping you from having fun and how to meet yourself with compassion, so you can start giving yourself permission to enjoy yourself.
If you want to learn more tips for managing your stress and your overthinking brain, I highly recommend signing up for my weekly newsletter here!
What You Will Discover:
- Stories from my clients of why they’re afraid to allow themselves to have fun.
- What we’re trying to protect ourselves from when we choose not to unplug from work, even when we’re away on vacation.
- Why the belief that we should always be working leaves us miserable in the long term.
- How to spot the thoughts that are actively preventing you from experiencing fun.
- What you can do to start trusting yourself enough to unplug and actually have fun and enjoy yourself, without the worry.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Follow me on Instagram
- If you would like to learn more about working with me as your coach, click here.
- Enjoy the original episodes of my previous podcast: Joy Hunting
- Ep #35: Are You a Chronic Worrier?
- Ep #42: Are You Looking for Problems?
- Ep #56: Do You Give Yourself Permission to Unplug?