Your physical, mental, and emotional health depend heavily on routine and regularity, particularly if you’re an overthinker. It helps take the guesswork out of what you should be doing next and how your day will look as a whole. A routine is a great way of canceling out all of the noise around what you should be doing because you already know what works best for you.
When I discussed your HOME Work in the first four episodes of the podcast (hydration, observe your levels, meditation, and exercise) the essence of those components is really all about creating routine. And today, our episode is all about the power that routine brings and how you can use it to drastically reduce your overthinking.
Tune in this week to discover the places you’ve never considered where you could implement routine, and start experiencing the benefits. This isn’t about taking less time for leisure. It’s about bringing you more peace and joy. And in this episode, I’m showing you simple, manageable ways to develop more routine in your day-to-day.
If you want to learn more tips for managing your stress and your overthinking brain, I highly recommend signing up for my weekly newsletter here!
What You Will Discover:
- How having a routine gives you purpose, which is what we all need in this life.
- Why, despite what so many people believe, routine is not about total rigidity and replacing spontaneity and fun.
- How creating a routine is the perfect way to develop new daily habits.
- What my daily routine looks like, and how I incorporate my HOME Work into it.
- My simple tips for developing a routine around anything that you want to make a habit.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Follow me on Instagram
- Admiral William H. McRaven’s University of Texas Commencement Speech
- Make Your Bed: Little Things that Can Change Your Life by Admiral William H.
- Ep #1: 4 Essential Habits to Reducing Stress: Hydration
- Ep #2: 4 Essential Habits to Reducing Stress: Observe Your Levels
- Ep #3: 4 Essential Habits to Reducing Stress: Meditation
- Ep #4: 4 Essential Habits to Reducing Stress: Exercise
- Enjoy the original episodes of my previous podcast: Joy Hunting